Thursday, November 4, 2010

I’m an artist! sort of…

So recently I decided to try my hand at painting.  My cousin Ashli does some amazing watercolors, and every time I looked at them they just looked fun.  So my first attempt is a painting of iris for the bathroom.
HPIM1226
Not perfect but it was fun.  My second was a fun idea I got from Andrew.  He said it would be fun to have a painting of American Gothic with Fisher Price Little People.  So I started with this…
image
put together a few images from Google to make this…
HPIM1225
and painted this!
HPIM1221
What do you think?

3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I think you are pretty darn good. Your American Gothic picture made me giggle :)

The Gathering Place said...

I think you have a new career waiting. How fun!

Kelli said...

You can do it all! Sew, paint, you name it...