Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy First Birthday!

Can you believe he’s already a year old?  Joshua’s birthday was actually yesterday but I was too busy to get this post up, so here it is a day late. 
Happy Birthday to my beautiful boy!  You are the joy of my life kiddo.  There are days I am stressed out and just want to cry and then I see you discover something new or learn a new skill and suddenly I see the world through your eyes, a new perspective.  Everything is so exciting, the birds and plants as we go for a walk, the rock you find in the dirt, the piece of lint on the stairs.  This really is a fascinating world we live in, thank you for helping me stop and enjoy it.  But most of all I love your smile and your laugh.  I could just sit and watch you all day and when you smile up at me, my heart is full of more love than I knew was possible.  Being a mom is the greatest thing I’ve ever known, I am so happy that you are a part of our family.  I love you Joshua!
We celebrate his birthday with friends and family and had a great time.
HPIM1888HPIM1889HPIM1891HPIM1899HPIM1903HPIM1916
It took him a bit to get the hang of it and just get messy, but he got there eventually.
HPIM1907
Thanks for all who came to help celebrate this wonderful boy with us!
HPIM1909HPIM1900HPIM1901

6 comments:

The Gathering Place said...

It was a fun party for a sweet little guy.

Kelli said...

Happy birthday handsome guy!!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I'm so sad I missed the big party... but I'm glad it went well. We love you Joshua!

julie said...

Sounds like fun! Hope he enjoyed his big day!

linda said...

He is so dang cute. That year went fast. May I just say what a good mommie you are and so many talents!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe one year has gone so quickly. It is such a cute little one. Happy Birthday Joshua.

Love, Aunt Carolyn