I am trying really hard to not be one of those mothers who prohibits their child from learning new things just because they might get dirty. We have our fair share of outdoor exploring time, playing in the dirt, and eating the dirt occasionally (Joshua not me.) This morning we went outside for a little walk and noticed a snail crawling across the porch so we stopped to watch. He was only content to watch for so long before he was ready to touch. My first reaction was to stop him and not let him, then I realized it really wouldn’t hurt anyone. Then I noticed a bunch of snails nearby and put them on the porch so we could have “snail races.”
YUCK! But it sure was fun.
3 comments:
You are a very brave Mom. I would have let Joshua play with them but I would not have touched them. We visited with Liz and Karl last night and held sweet little Bree. What a tender spirit.
Love Carolyn
I have enough snails to sponsor a marathon if you are both interested! It was a fun day today!
hahahaha you crack me up. And for that very reason... I am grateful I have all girls! :)
Post a Comment