Thursday, July 14, 2011

My New Sewing Machine!

I’ve had this old sewing machine for years.  My parents bought it right after they were married.  Although it still works, I decided its time for a little upgrade.

HPIM2127

This one can do freestyle quilting and has a lot more stitching options.

HPIM2126

I used the freestyle stitch to embroider names on a project I’ve been making.

HPIM2077

My parents have had a mail chart at their house for over ten years but when I tried to take it apart to add Andrew’s name the plastic was so old it started to crack.  The new one I made entirely out of fabric so I won’t have that problem again.  It was fun to play with freestyle stitching!

HPIM2079HPIM2075

1 comment:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I love your new machine. Now you can help me with all my technical sewing!!!!