Friday, July 20, 2012

Ice Excavations…

I saw this idea on Pinterest a while back and thought it would be a great activity for a hot afternoon.  Last night I snagged some plastic toys from around the house and froze them in some water.  Today I armed Joshua with a plastic hammer and spray bottle filled with warm water.  It’s fun to have something you are allowed to break!

IC07201431IC07201431_1

Then Daddy joined in the fun. (I’m not sure if he thought it looked fun, or he needed to help because it was going too slow :)

IC07201433

3 comments:

The Gathering Place said...

That sounds pretty refreshing on a hot day. I could use a little activity like that right now!

Colin, Jess, Kenner, Lily and Ember said...

I saw that on pinterest too and had seen it again recently and thought I should try that. Looks like fun...even for the adults. :)

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Knowing Andrew, it was probably going too slowly for his liking. :) Looks like a lot of fun.