Monday, May 6, 2013

Potty Training… A Good Day!

This is our third attempt.  The first attempt was back in January: all was going well until we all got sick and so we took a break, then we were getting ready to move and time passed.  Second attempt was a few weeks ago: Off to a great start, I decorated the bathroom to make it a fun place to hang out, and he was using the potty every time I put him on it.

IMG_1911IMG_1910IMG_1909

But then on day 3 he was hysterical about wanting his diaper back and I decided it was easier to give up for a while than fight it.

So last week we started attempt number 3:  I finally found out what motivates this kid…

IMG_1993

Thomas the train underwear.  He loves wearing it and is completely okay with giving up the diaper this time.

We’ve been going strong for a week now.  He is working to fill up this sticker chart to earn a Thomas puzzle.

IMG_1992IMG_1985

I’m not going to say it has been a breeze the whole week, there was a day I wondered why I was potty training and didn’t just keep him in a diaper but I think we have found success, he has been dry since Friday!  I guess it has been worth the effort.

3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Way to go Joshua! And Momma!!! I think it's harder on the mom's than it is on the kids. :)

The Gathering Place said...

That is pretty exciting! Go Joshua!

Colin, Jess, Kenner, Lily and Ember said...

Good job Joshua!! Oh the joys of potty training. I'm not looking forward to it. :(