Remember that feeling when you were a child, waking up early on Christmas morning, so excited that sleep wasn’t an option? This morning I woke around 5:00 thinking about all the things I needed to do and Christmas is almost here. Today is Christmas Eve Eve! I felt that excitement and there was no way I was getting back to sleep. There are so many things I need to get done today, clean the house, shovel the snow, some last minute shopping…but did I get started on any of that? Nope. I wanted to finish up a project I started last night.
Last year (or maybe it was 2 years ago) I made a Christmas Advent calendar.
Each day had a card with an activity like, make Christmas cards, deliver gifts to neighbors, read the Christmas story from the Bible. I spent a lot of time on it, but it just hasn’t been what I wanted it to be.
This year on Pinterest I saw a lot of nativity advent calendars
and I decided this is what we need. I printed a scripture for each day and added a felt figure for the nativity scene.
I made it completely with scraps I had on hand. I still need to stitch the eyes on, and buy a piece of felt for the background. Its not perfect, I made it in a rush, but it changes the focus of our Christmas countdown to our Savior Jesus Christ and He is what this season is about. Joshua loves playing with it already and so even though this will get packed away in a few days, I look forward to using it for many years to come.
Merry Christmas everyone!




3 comments:
Very cute! You are so talented Irene!! Joshua looks so much older all of a sudden. We need to see you guys. :)
What a great idea! so cute.
I like this idea because the other method requires a bit more work every year. I could do a scripture a day. :) way to be efficient.
Post a Comment