Saturday, June 11, 2011

A New Hat…

I made Joshua a new hat a month or so ago, (click here to see first hat) but I just didn’t like how it turned out.  I didn’t have a pattern, I just kind of made it up as I went.  The brim was too frilly, so I added some stitching to bring it in to make it better, but still not quite what I wanted.  I started dreaming up a new hat and Elaine suggested I make it out of paper first so I could see how everything would lay.  Turned out to be a fabulous idea, and now I have created a pattern if I want to make this hat again.

HPIM1876HPIM1878

The lining is colored stripes, and it is reversible, but I’m pretty sure the bug side wins.

HPIM1879

I love the stitching on the brim!

HPIM1880

I didn’t do this intentionally when I cut out the pattern, but I love that there is a big turtle right on top!

HPIM1882

He couldn’t wait to get out and help Daddy and Grandpa work on the shed.

HPIM1885

4 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Oh that turned out way cute. I love the fabric! And the turtle on top is pretty awesome!

The Gathering Place said...

You are amazing! Cute hat, cute boy!

Chartina said...

Now you need to figure out how to put the pattern online for me to make one :) It's fantastic! your one talented momma!

LiEr said...

Hi Irene, that hat turned out very nicely, and the turtle on top is so cute! Don't you love it when we have happy "accidents" like that? Thank you for inviting me to come see and gush!