Saturday, December 3, 2011

I’ve been Crafting!

Andrew and I are on the ward Christmas party committee and we were put in charge of decorations.  After exploring many options on Pinterest, (I am addicted!) I decided on these string art trees.  I started with yarn, I thought it would hold together better, but I like the look of the string more.  Some of the trees have beads and some of the later trees I just wrapped with wire garland.    I have to remake a few that Joshua decided to help with but I really like how they turned out.

IMG_0030

Then I decided to take this same concept to make some snowmen.  I harvested the heads off an old craft project that I did years ago and didn’t like anymore and viola!

IMG_0025

The other project I’ve been working on is this Christmas advent calendar.  There is a pocket for each day of December until Christmas.   Instead of treats each pocket contains a card with an activity for us to do as a family. I finished this up just in time (I was still sewing pieces on on Dec. 1st!)

IMG_0022

And because I know some of you only come to my blog to see pictures of my handsome boy, here he is!

HPIM2439

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Those are some cute crafts. I wish I was as talented as you. And Joshua looks so handsome and grown up in his suit.

The Gathering Place said...

Your trees will look really cute and festive. Your handsome son is pretty nice looking, too!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Very very cute projects. I was thinking about making that same advent calendar... but haven't yet :) But I actually want to make a felt tree with ornaments my kiddos can move around and decorate their own tree.

julie said...

Love the projects! And love the handsome picture!

Anonymous said...

Your decorations are super cute, and so is Joshua! It looks like you have a lot of fun Christmas activities in the works.

Katie

linda said...

GOOD JOB AS USUAL IRENE!! lOVE THE PICTURE OF JOSH!