Friday, April 27, 2012

Let’s Get Cookin’…

In anticipation of life getting busy sometime in the very near future I’m trying to get ahead anywhere I can right now.  I don’t have a lot of motivation to cook up a fancy meal most nights, but I don’t want to rely on processed stuff so I decided to make up a bunch of freezer crockpot meals.  I used the list that Melissa has on The Test Kitchen of Melissa Fallis because she already had the shopping list put together for everything and it just seemed the easy way to go.  I shopped for the ingredients

IMG_0377

It took about an hour to chop up all the veggies.  Joshua was such a rock star to let me get so much done while he listened to music and read books.  Then I stopped to eat lunch with this handsome face.

IMG_0378

I thought I took some pictures along the way, but apparently not… During nap time I got all the meat cup up and put in and now I have meals ready to throw in the crockpot for those days when I am too busy to cook, or just don’t feel like cooking.

IMG_0379

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your meals look great. That is a good idea to plan ahead. It looks like Joshua enjoyed his meal too!

Katie

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Way to go! I like those websites that have everything planned for you. And that picture of Joshua is just plain awesome!