Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Another Quiet Book…

I forgot to post about this, so even though it’s been done for a while, here it is.  I was part of a quiet book group where we each made 9 copies of the same page and then shared them with each other.  The friend who invited me lives in Washington so I didn’t meet the other page makers, but I was pretty excited when they came in the mail.  I had to sew them together and make a cover once I got them.

Here are the animal finger puppets I made…

IMG_0214IMG_0213

Times 9…

IMG_0212

and here I the pages I got back…

IMG_0416

I put a pocket in the front cover so I had a place to throw random pieces in a hurry.  This page is a sock matching…

IMG_0417

Counting beads on ribbons and my finger puppets…

IMG_0418

More counting beads on ribbons and button practice…

IMG_0419

Lacing practice and matching colors and shapes…

IMG_0420

Brush the crocodile’s teeth (I added this one since there was an odd number and Joshua loves it.  Putting the fruit on the tree and in the basket…

IMG_0421

Learning to buckle, and another pocket.  I plan to make some felt face pieces to put in this one.

IMG_0422

And who would have thought when I bought this little table in Korea that it would get so much use upside down?

IMG_0413

4 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I love that last picture of Joshua. :) And I love your pages the best. How fun to brush his teeth. I bet Joshua does love that one.

Colin, Jess, Kenner, Lily and Ember said...

Kids are always the most creative when finding what "other" uses things have. :) The quiet book looks like lots of fun. But I couldn't imagine making the same page 9 times...that would get "old". ha ha

The Gathering Place said...

What a great way to put together a quiet book. Fun. I like that picture of Joshua, too!

julie said...

What a fun book! I loved your page too.