Last week Liz got a new backpack harness for Brooklyn. Ever since then I’ve been scheming to make one for Joshua. I want it to be unique, but still hold the cuteness qualities of the store bought ones.
I looked online and found a DIY tutorial for this cute guy…
Which gave me a starting point, but I decided if I was going to make my own it needed to be an actual backpack. Not a big one, just big enough to hold a toy or two, (or a diaper or two:P). So off to the craft store I went to buy my supplies. I have plenty of fleece given to me by a neighbor, I just needed straps and buckles and sliders, etc. Holy Cow are they expensive, about $2 a piece. I’d be better off to just buy the store version. But the tutorial I read had a great idea. She bought a backpack at the dollar store to harvest some parts from it! So here is the booty I bought at the DI…
Now I have my zipper, hook, buckles and sliders, and it only cost me $2 total!
I was planning to make a green monster, but I didn’t like the shade of green I had and I couldn’t justify buying new fleece when I already have a bunch, so the green strap I bought won’t match, but I think it will still work. Last night I cut out a bunch of fabric pieces (I don’t have a pattern I’m just making it up as I go) and today I’m planning to start putting it together…
2 comments:
That is going to be super cute! Can't wait to see the finished product.
You are so amazing how you can see something and then make one like it (or better). I want to be you.
Post a Comment