Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New Shoes

Andrew’s cousin Kelli made us these cute shoes last year, and I love them.  I decided I wanted some more like them and used them to make a pattern.  There is an elastic that goes around the ankle, and I should have attatched it a little lower on the front, but other than that they turned out pretty well.  They are a bit bigger than I thought (I over compensated for seam allowances) so I’ll just have to hold on to them for a bit.

HPIM1693

Grey shoes made by Kelli

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HPIM1696

Tan shoes made by me. (I had to catch him to take this picture)

 

 

 

 

I didn’t have quite enough corduroy so they bottoms are made from a scrap of upholstery and I used some cotton scraps to line the inside.

HPIM1698

3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

They turned out very cute. I am impressed!

The Gathering Place said...

Nice job!

Kelli said...

I'm so glad you liked them!! I'll email you the tutorial I used. I loved them for Jules too.