Friday, April 15, 2011

Serving Plate

I saw this super cute idea on one of my favorite crafty blogs (I Am Momma Hear Me Roar).  She took plates and candlestick holders to create her own tiered serving plate. I didn’t want to glue them permanently because then I’d have to store it somewhere and so I came up with this crazy idea to glue it on with Corn Syrup!  (It’s one of the stickiest things I could think of.)  It worked great!  I put the corn syrup around the rim of the candlestick holder and then put the plate on.  Then I took the plate off and let both surfaces dry a bit till it was nice and tacky… put them back together and viola! 
HPIM1719
The best part is, because it’s attached with syrup, a little hot water is all I need to take it back apart.

2 comments:

The Gathering Place said...

That is a great solution! It looks great.

iammommahearmeroar said...

Corn syrup? I NEVER would have thought of that! How funny! Way to go. It looks awesome. Thanks for sharing this with me!

Cheri